Setting Server Details
Before deploying your webpages, you should define the location of your web server and your folders.
1. Select Tools -> Options... on the Main Menu.
2. There are 3 settings found in Local Web Server Settings.
- Host name: the host/computer name of the web server, (ie. which will run the website).
- Port Number: this should be set automatically for you, unless you have specified a specific port
- Root directory: the root folder/directory on the above web server for storing all webpages.
3. On this tab you must also specify which type of pages you want to produce - ASP or PHP
4. On the Project tab, type the image folder name in the Images Folder: ..Web pages text box. This folder will be created under the root directory when saving webpages.
Hint: Host names and directory names will change from host to host. If you are using a commercial hosting service, your hosting company should provide you with the required information regarding how to set up publishing. If you are working on a private host, then your system administrator should have the necessary information for you.