Dynamic Drop Down Lists
A dynamic drop down list is generated directly from values in your database tables. If you want to give your users the ability to select from a set of values that may change over time, then this is the most appropriate option.
To Create a Dynamic Drop Down List:
1. Right Click on the items of the page that you want to format, and then select Properties from its popup menu
2. The Input Properties dialog box appears
1. Click on the Item Editor on the toolbar
2. Click on the relevant row of the Type column
3. From the Type drop down list, select List/Menu Type.
4. Click on the Add button, then the Choice Properties Dialog Box will be displayed.
5. Select the Dynamic Tab and select the table and fields that you want to use in your drop down list
Table: The name of the database table to read the field values from.
Query: Create a Query to provide the values.
Field for Choice Value: The Field that will be used as the code of the item. If there is no code just use the display value.
Field for Choice Display: The Field that will be displayed in the list and corresponds to the Choice value
Selected/Not Selected: Indicates which value in the List that will be the default selection. You can only select one value.
You can combine both static and dynamic lists together. You might have a static value like "Select a Country" then have the dynamic list of countries appear below it. See this example: