Tasks for Localizing
There are a number of areas where localization can occur.
Localizing Field Prompts and Labels
1. Right Click on any name under any Item and select Properties
2. Under Common change the Name to what you want it to be in the desired language or just change it to something else.
Localizing Page Headings
1. Right Click on any Page and select Properties
2. Under General change the Title to what you want it to be in the desired language or just change it to something else.
Localizing Page Messages
1. Right Click on the page that you want modify in the explorer, e.g. a Find Page.
2. Select the Properties from its popup menu, the Page Setting window will appear
3. Click on the return message shown in the menu bringing up the HTML screen.
4. Edit the message and then click on OK to save.
Localizing Program Controlled Text
dbQwikSite gives you access to all the text, labels, and messages that it uses when generating pages. This will allow you to localize/translate your web site to use your preferred language or verbiage.
1. choose Tools > Localization from the main menu.
2. On the Localization Screen you can then modify the values under the Custom heading to the values or language that you require.
Note: You can choose whether to apply this localization to a group or across your whole project.
Localizing Data Values
This is under the control of the database handler so you will need to make changes in your database to handle or modify the values in the data itself.
Note: Remember that dbQwikSite shows data from your database, plus it uses your database field names as default labels. You may need to adjust label names and ensure that your data content is already in the local language of your choice.