Check Boxes from Data Values
Check boxes are a popular means to represent Yes/No data values. You sometimes see web pages using check boxes to allow the user to select several options such as which mailing lists from a number of available they would like to subscribe to. For this type of selection you would need a Yes/No database field for each individual mailing list in the available list. You can then place each field on your page. HTML offers the ability offer a group of check boxes with the same name, and the data values are concatenated into a single result, this concept does not port well to databases and is not supported in dbQwikSite.
Check boxes can be places on data list page and on data entry pages.
1. Click on the Item Editor button () on the toolbar
- OR -
1. Right Click on the Item that you would like to be represented as a Radio Button and then select Properties from its popup menu
Dialog vary slightly by page type:
Check Boxes on Data List pages
This Input Properties dialog box appears
2. Set the Type as Check Box,
3. Tell dbQwikSite what field from the data set to use for data values, behind this check box.
4. Tell dbQwikSite when it should check the box when displaying. In this example any if the IsPermanent field is equal to 1 the box will appear check for all other values the box will appear unchecked.
Your page would appear similar to:
Note: The check boxes on data pages cannot be changed by a page visitor, by clicking them. They are only displaying static data as do all other data values on data pages.
Check Boxes on Data Input pages
Click on the Item Editor button () on the toolbar
- OR -
Right Click on the Item that you would like to be represented as a Radio Button and then select Properties from its popup menu
The Input Properties dialog box appears
Your page item would appear similar to this: